You want to finish your book.
You know you have a book inside of you. You’ve been working on it for who knows how long—months, maybe years. You have the writing chops and a compelling story that will help others feel less alone. You’re dying to finish, but when? How?
Nonfiction Bootcamp will help you stop spinning your wheels—and finish your manuscript!
Starting March 26, 2020
Nonfiction Bootcamp is a coaching program and community for women writing a nonfiction book about personal stories of transformation. My philosophy helps you to fully own and love the story you have to tell, and supports you in manifesting a sacred creative and writing practice.
Nonfiction Bootcamp assists you in three areas:
Why this program?
Serious writers invest in themselves: they attend workshops and conferences, they work one-on-one with an editor, they may even have an MFA. You already know that you have to make an investment of time and money if you are going to take yourself and your work seriously.
Here’s what that looks like for Nonfiction Bootcamp.
This program requires you to:
- Commit to the process. Yes, I will create the structure, help you identify your goals, give you deadlines, give you feedback, and edit your work. But you are the only one who can make the time, sit in the chair, and write the book.
- Spend approx 25-30 hours a month. Most of that time is for you to spend on your book and you should be prepared to rearrange your schedule if necessary. There is time for your book, you just have to make it.
- Make a financial investment. Instead of spending your mental, physical, spiritual energy on feeling frustrated and drained, your investment in working with me will help you to feel reinvigorated and accomplished.
In return you get:
- Guidance for designing a sustainable writing practice specific to your needs that works with your life and sets you up for making progress on your book project.
- Structure to set goals for yourself and your work, and deadlines for completing your book project.
- Accountability from me and the Nonfiction Bootcamp community to hold you to the outcome of your writing goals in a safe and supportive space.
- Feedback, professional editing, and one-on-one work on your manuscript with me, Janna Maron.
If this doesn’t sound like it will work for you, no problem. If you think the benefits are worth the investment, keep reading.
Starting March 26 & Space is Limited
There are only a few spots available and I’ll be hand-selecting those who are invited to join. If you are interested, please use the button below to fill out an application and tell me about you, your book, and why you’re interested in working with me. After filling out the application, you’ll be prompted to schedule a 10-minute call with me to help me determine if you’d be a good fit for the program.
You should apply if:
- You want a safe and supportive community of women writers who are as serious as you are about finishing their book. You’re not a beginner and you’re not fickle about your work or your life as a writer.
- Your book incorporates your personal story because you know sharing it will help others in some way.
- You know writing a book is hard work and a journey. It won’t happen overnight, but you will see progress over time.
- You’re a woman who is serious about writing a book, or who has a book-in-progress (memoir, or other form of nonfiction incorporating your personal story).
- You are determined to finish your book but you’re unsure of how to actually make that happen with where you are right now.
You should not apply if:
- You are writing something other than a nonfiction book.
- You’ve been in other writing programs and didn’t engage the process, missed deadlines, or didn’t participate in the community of the group.
- You are writing a story about your life to document it for your family.
What Others Say About Working With Me
“I’ve been struggling to finish my book for a year when Janna came to my rescue. We used to work together helping other writers and entrepreneurs get their books out into the world. She’s one of the most organized and clear-headed editors I know, and she generously offered to read the first section of my book. We discussed her feedback over a 30-minute phone call, and she was able to pinpoint the problems and tell me exactly what I needed to hear. The next day, I sat down and wrote 4,000 words non-stop. I work full-time and have a family, so I struggle to find the time. But Janna was able to offer me creative ways to carve out more time to write during my busy schedule...and it doesn’t have to be everyday. I was so relieved to realize that I could have a writing schedule that fits my personality and life situation.”
Karen BeattieAuthor, Rock Bottom Blessings
“When I decided to write a book, I had no idea how to start the process. I felt myself on many occasions shut down the idea before I could even dream about it because it felt so overwhelming. I knew then that I needed a coach. Someone to hold my hand and hold me accountable. Within the first coaching session with Janna, she helped unlock the creative life in me that was eager to write and broke down the steps I needed to fulfill the goal I presented to her. Her approach was positive and uplifting, she was a good listener and committed to the process. She was technologically savvy and shared current and innovative platforms for me to market myself and build my audience. Because of Janna I feel successful in growing a community that has access to my materials, books, and education.”
Susan MartzAuthor, Aroma Flow
About Janna Marlies Maron
I’m not just a writer coaching other writers. I am a professional editor with nearly 20 years of experience helping writers to complete their projects and produce the best work possible. My experience includes time as a magazine editor, college professor, agency editorial director, and content director for a popular internet brand. I have worked on a number of book projects from self-published Amazon bestsellers to traditionally published New York Times bestsellers. I’m also the founding editor and publisher of Under the Gum Tree, a literary arts magazine publishing creative nonfiction and visual art. All of this adds up to a program designed specifically to help nonfiction writers complete the best book possible. If you are ready to join me inside Nonfiction Bootcamp, I’m ready to help you make your finished book a reality.